Working with buyers over the years, Kimberly has streamlined the process. It begins with developing a plan of what the buyer wants. There is a bit of paperwork to get out of the way as you get started, and Kimberly makes that simple. Learn more about 3 of the most important steps to get on the road to home ownership below.
Make a Plan
- Get pre-qualified at minimum and set a time to get pre-approved. It’s important that you see homes within your price range so you aren’t comparing your options to a home that is not available in your price point. “Nobody wants to go back to the farm once they’ve seen Paris.”
- Defining the wish list of your future home’s criteria.
- Set a time to discuss your home search and expectations with your Realtor
- When will you be home searching during your week? Request time frames up front so your expectations are met.
- Are you pre-approved and ready to make an offer – you’ll need that approval letter for any seller to take your offer seriously.
- You might ride in the car with your Realtor or meet at properties. Kimberly will set appointments and schedule to get you into the homes you want to see.
Contract. Write an offer on a home.
- Again, is that pre-approval letter ready?
- Kimberly will walk you through each page of the contract and help you understand the offer. There are things to consider like home warranty, closing costs, multiple offer situations and more.
- Once under contract Kimberly will help you set inspections and get through the option period negotiations, appraisal process, and on to closing day. There is so much to consider as you purchase a home.